Check out several new gameplay videos of the freshly released Forza Motorsport 6 XBL Demo, Night Racing, Rain, Indycar, & more after the jump. —> Read More
The two armed men who were arrested after
But a judge did not agree, and ordered the men to be held for at least four months as they await a trial. “This wasn’t just kid talk on the computer,” judge Thomas Horgan said.
According to prosecutors, Boston Police were notified of a Facebook chat conversation, between Stumbo and others, that made references to things like “Columbine pt 2,” “another Boston massacre,” and “Boston bombing.” As part of this conversation, Stumbo supposedly said, “MY AR-15 says you lose.”
Other posts reportedly made by Stumbo stated that he was “on his way to Boston” and “Kevin Norton and I are ready for worlds Boston here we come!!!” Prosecutors claim that Norton, in the wake of being blocked from a chatoom for bullying another person, allegedly said, “Oh, ok, that’s fine then I will just shoot him on Friday thanks.”
Authorities detained Norton and Stumbo in August as part of an investigation involving Boston’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, which includes federal agents from the FBI and Homeland Security. Discovered in their car was an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun, nearly 300 rounds of ammo, and a hunting knife.
Attorneys for Norton and Stumbo plan to file a motion to dismiss the charges, which include illegal possession of guns and ammunition. A hearing on the motion is set for September 24. Assistant District Attorney Joseph Janezic, however, says an investigation is underway to determine if other charges, including those related to cyberbullying and a mass casualty situation, might be brought against them.
Authorities said previously that Norton and Stumbo had the firepower to carry out a mass shooting.
The Pokemon World Championships were held August 21-23 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass. This potential security concern was cleared up before the event began.
Sporting flashier product displays, TVs with video content and more, the next-generation Apple stores will reportedly roll out this fall.
The Galactic Empire from “Star Wars” has sent an Imperial Star Destroyer to invade Los Santos in this awesome mod for Grand Theft Auto V.
The search giant has been full of changes this summer, including an entirely new management structure. The latest one: a new logo.
Autumn is here, my friends, and with the falling leaves I bring you good tidings of great joy that shall be heard among the greater Denver area: In exactly one month, TechCrunch is hitting the Rocky Mountain State for the TC Meetup + Pitch-Off in Denver in conjunction with Denver Startup Week. The event will be held at 1644 Platte Street on October 1 at 6pm. This will be our first Meetup event… Read More —> Read More
Apparently 2015 has been designated the year for remasters, remakes, and re-releases. It seems as if each week studios are making a new announcement to re-haul an older title. While gaming fans have recently been privy to The Coalition’s solid HD remaster of the first installment in the story of Marcus Fenix with Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, a variety of other remakes from different companies are on the way. For instance, some developers are delving even further back into their vaults, as Square Enix is set to put out a Final Fantasy 7 remake some time next year, and Capcom has just started work on a fresh version of its survival-horror classic, Resident Evil 2.
Activision is no stranger to remasters either, for not long ago the publisher indicated they would be revamping Prototype 1 and 2 for next-gen consoles, and now they are promising that their hack-and-slash title centered around Marvel’s “Merc with a Mouth”, Deadpool, will get the same treatment. As it happens, Deadpool is set to be an HD re-release with its availability on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One slated for the fall.
In addition to the base game, the updated version of Deadpool will provide fans with all of the third-person action title’s original DLC, including two Challenge maps – “GRT Plaza” and “Inside the Tower” – as well as the titular character’s Uncanny X-Force and D-Pooly skins. Not to mention, the release’s most popular feature “Infinite Mode” is returning, where players fend off endless waves of enemies with no time limit.
Today’s news comes after Activision pulled the Marvel anti-hero’s game from Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam a couple of years ago, and then recently decided to bring Deadpool back to PC via Valve’s online marketplace last month. However, there hasn’t been much —> Read More
KING Art Games’ new Kickstarter for The Dwarves has started. —> Read More
Those eager to see the upcoming film adaptation of the popular anime and manga series Attack on Titan can purchase their tickets now.
The film will be released as a two-part feature, with Part 1 debuting in select theaters across the United States on September 30. The first part will also be shown on October 1 and October 7, while Part 2 will screen later that month on October 20, 22, and 27.
Folks in Canada will have to option to see Part 1 on either October 5 or 26, and Part 2 on either October 22 or 26.
“The day Attack on Titan fans across North America have been waiting for has finally arrived,” FUNimation CEO and founder Gen Fukunaga said. “This is a limited theatrical release so I encourage fans to find their nearest theater and purchase tickets to both movies now. A movie as colossal as Attack on Titan truly takes two parts to tell. Fans do not want to miss this opportunity.”
Have you ever uploaded an image to Facebook and noticed that it doesn’t look as good on your timeline as it does on your hard drive? There’s a reason for that: Facebook saves space on its servers by compressing the photos you upload, which will affect a picture’s overall quality. This is a particularly bad problem for photos you’ve downloaded from elsewhere on the web that have likely already gone through at least one compression so far. Lifehacker, however, has provided us with a helpful list of tips for beating the Facebook compression system and posting photos that look almost as good as new.
Once an entrepreneur has sold his or her company and logged the required time with the acquiring outfit, he or she typically sets out to start another company — or become an investor. Josh Miller — whose startup, Branch, allowed groups of people to hold discussions and share links — is taking another tack. Miller, 24, who sold his company to Facebook in January of last year… Read More —> Read More
A team of researchers from the University of California, San Diego announced Tuesday that they had developed a proof-of-concept wireless transmission system that is both more efficient and more secure than Bluetooth. It works by sending data signal… —> Read More
COG writes – This frantic 2D arena fighter looked promising in early access but needed a bit of polish. Sadly, not a lot has changed from the early build to the final release and some nasty online issues remain that make playing with friends nearly impossible. —> Read More
The convenience of streaming movies and TV shows through services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video is useless without an internet connection, which is why Amazon has just unveiled free offline viewing for select Prime Instant Video titles, available on iOS, Android, and Fire devices.
Amazon is the first video streaming service to introduce offline viewing, even beating out rival company Netflix. Its new offline viewing mode allows Prime members to download TV show episodes and movies to their phones or tablets while they’re online, so they can watch them later without an internet connection.
Prime Video’s downloadable selections include TV shows like Hannibal, Under the Dome, and Sons of Anarchy, and movies like Star Trek Into Darkness, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
Whether youre a new comer to the stealth genre or a Metal Gear Solid veteran, theres no denying that knowing how to survive and making the most of your options is what makes Metal Gear Solid special. —> Read More
Capcom has a tendency to re-release their classic games quite excessively, sometimes multiple times in a single console generation. In fact, we just recently received the Mega Man Legacy Collection, which brought six of the Blue Bomber’s classic adventures together under one umbrella. Now Capcom has turned their attention to another one of their franchises, and have announced plans to release the Resident Evil Origins Collection.
Releasing on January 19th, the Resident Evil Origins Collection lacks official pricing information as of yet, but it will likely retail for $40. Unfortunately for last-generation and PC gamers, Resident Evil Origins Collection will only be available for PS4 and Xbox One. It will mark the only opportunity for PS4 and Xbox One owners to own physical copies of the classic games, though they will also be available for separate digital purchase.
Along with the announcement of the Resident Evil Origins Collection, Capcom also revealed a brand new game mode for Resident Evil Zero. Called Wesker Mode, it replaces Rebecca’s previous male protagonist counterpart, Billy Coen, with the dastardly Albert Wesker.
Wesker will come with his own costumes as well as unique abilities similar to the ones showcased in his Code Veronica and Resident Evil 5 appearances. Powered by uroboros, Wesker is capable of super strength as well as super speed, comically blasting by Rebecca while they are exploring the areas of the game together.
Of course, this means that the Wesker Mode is non-canon. After all, Wesker didn’t obtain his abilities until after the events of the Mansion Incident, and he also wasn’t palling around with Rebecca during her terrifying prequel —> Read More
For the first time since its release in 2012, a differently-colored PlayStation Vita will be available in the United States.
During the GameStop Managers Conference, the game store franchise announced it would be carrying aqua blue PlayStation Vitas exclusively in stores nationwide.
The blue Vita will release on November 6 for $200. Pre-orders for the handheld system are now available through GameStop’s official website.
We have seen plenty of smartphones from Cubot in the past few couple of months. The company has drastically changed its design in the recent models, with the ones like the Cubot X11 and the Cubot X15 featuring stellar built quality and design. Now, Cubot is back in the market with a brand new smartphone called as the Cubot H1.
The highlight of the Cubot H1 will be its monstrous 5200mAh battery. We still don’t have many smartphones which can boast of such a large battery. And with this much juice under the hood, you no longer have to worry about charging your phone for days. In fact, Cubot H1 can be used as a power bank as well. Yes, you can use the 5200mAh battery on board to charge other devices using a OTG cable, a nifty feature to keep all your gadgets running throughout the day.
What’s even more interesting is that the phone supports fast charge. This means that you can get up to 2 hours of talktime with just 10 minutes of charging the device. Using a 5V / 2A charger you can reportedly charge the device in about half an hour to 100%. With the full 5200mAh charged, you can watch a video for 1.5 hours, watch online content for about 1.5 hours, browse for 25 minutes, attend calls for 20 mins and make about 1 hour of online calls. That’s a whole lot of usage that you can do in just a single charge.
Cubot H1 manages to fit in its large battery inside a pretty slim 9.2mm thin body. That’s less than a centimeter which is quite impressive. The overall body looks quite good, with a special texture at the back which shines subtly and gives you a —> Read More
After one space aficionado created a gorgeous timelapse video a few weeks ago that showed us NASA’s entire New Horizons’ Pluto mission fly by in 16 seconds, the space agency posted an actual video of the historic event on Instagram that is even more impressive.
The Huawei Nexus is one of the most anticipated smartphones of the year as it is the first time Google has partnered with a Chinese manufacturer for its annual smartphone. The alleged design of the Huawei Nexus has been leaked numerous times already and today we have a bit of confirmation of one of its features.
Leaked pictures of a silicon case designed for the Huawei Nexus may have confirmed some of the device’s design features that were seen in previously leaked pictures including its rear-mounted circular fingerprint sensor as well as the protruding area or hump on the upper rear of the device where its camera and LED flash are located. There’s also a little hole near the slope of the raised area although we aren’t sure what it’s for yet.
The Huawei Nexus has previously been rumored to feature a large 5.7-inch display, the new version of the Snapdragon 810 processor which supposedly fixes the chip’s infamous heat issues, 3GB of RAM, and 64GB of internal storage.
The Huawei Nexus is the larger of the two Nexus devices that are set to be released this year. The other and smaller Nexus device will be produced by LG which has previously done the 1st generation of the Nexus 5. Both Nexus devices will feature the stock version of Google’s upcoming Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.