Image credit: blogs.msg.com
Without a doubt the electric guitar is one of the most interesting instruments to date and does contain some very interesting electric guitar facts and knowledge that people are not aware of especially considering those that play the instrument. This lovely instrument has been around for decades and has improved along the way. The first large guitar brands that came in were Gibson Les Paul and also Fender.
The guitars provided by these two different brands sounded quite different. The Gibson guitars sounds are quite heavy due to its heavier picks compared to the Fender guitars sounding bluesy with a rounded tone. But both brands have created a history of legendary guitar players along the way hence making their signature tone. There are now numerous different guitar brands with different prices. One can easily be easily picked up from a local music store. This instrument takes a lot of time to be able master.
So here are the top 12 electric guitar facts.
1. The first electrically amplified guitar was invented by George Beauchamp in 1931.
2. Gibson Les Paul is names after early guitar experimenter and musician Les Paul.
3. No electric crosses or interferes with the instrument itself.
4. An electric guitar utilizes electromagnetic to convert vibrations of its metal strings into electric signals.
5. No other musical instrument has encountered as much impact on how music has evolved since the beginning of the twentieth century than the electric guitar.
6. This instrument is capable of producing numerous styles of music such as jazz, rock, blues, Funk, soul, metal all from just 6 six strings.
7. The main material is solid wood.
8. There are many versions of the electric guitar, such as 7, 8 and 9 and 12 stringed guitars, double necked guitars, and even a five-necked guitar.
9. These instruments also use tremolo arms which can be fixed and removed easily which is used to change the pitch of the strings.
10. Jimi Hendrix is the most famous guitarist as he experimented with its sound in many different ways. He made it talk through its sound and methods of played it to its potential. Jimi Hendrix played a Fender Stratocaster.
11. They capture their sound through three main pickups called single coil and humbucker pickups.
12. Left-handed guitars are made differently to right-handed guitars although a right-handed instrument can be played by left-handed players but stringed differently.
Author: Ameen Jabbar
Electric guitar facts